We are always looking for ways to be more productive in our business. And one such thing that can assist us is scheduling tools for social media. There are literally hundreds of different scheduling tools, so I’ve shared some of the most popular one’s for you to review.
Interestingly, whilst these tools are a huge help, be aware that some platforms do prefer you to use their own scheduling tools.
Why use a scheduling tool?
Using a good scheduling program helps you:
- plan ahead
- save you time
- have you/your team on the same page
- improve your productivity
Below are scheduling tools that I have provided an overview dependant on your needs.
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram
- Cross posting between both platforms
- Can schedule post, reels and video’s
- For your information – Meta appears to be reducing how far ahead you can schedule your posts – as at this post, you can only schedule one month ahead.
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Google Business Profile, LinkedIn, Mastadon, Pinterest, Shopfiy, Tik Tok, X (previously known as Twitter), YouTube
Cost: FREE then from $6/month
- Free for individuals and businesses just getting started, up to 3 channels, planning and publishing tools, landing page builder, AI Assistant
- Essentials for professionals who use publishing analytics and engagement tools, everything in free plus engagement tools, analytic tools
- Team for those who want unlimited users, collaboration and reporting, everything in essentials plus unlimited team members and tools, draft collaboration tools
- Agency – for marketing agencies with 10 or more channels
- Tells you when and what to publish to make your content stand out
- Share content on the right channels with suggested hashtags to help you grow
- publish everything for you to save time and it’ll showcase your work with automated reports
Platforms: Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, X (previously known as Twitter), Facebook, Instagram
Cost: FREE 7 day trail then from $13/month
- Starter – 1 social set, up to 60 uploads/month, 1 user
- Growth – Everything in starter plus unlimited uploads/month, 3 users
- Professional – Everything in growth plus 2 social sets, 6 users, priority support
- Schedule / Auto-post visually
- Analyse to better understand your audience
- Discover content ideas
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram. X (previously known as Twitter), YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tik Tok
Cost: FREE 30 day free trial then from $149/month
- Professional – ideal for entrepreneurs, small business owners, independent consultants, 10 social accounts, 1 user
- Team – 20 social accounts, 3 users
- Business – 35 social accounts, 5 users
- Enterprise – custom
- Enables you to schedule unlimited messages across all your social networks;
- Track your brand and see what customers are saying about you and the competition;
- Track your campaigns, reply to customers
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X (previously known as Twitter), Tik Tok, Google Business Profile, Pinterest
Cost: FREE for 7 day trial then from $25/month
- Eddie Annual Plan for side hustlers and those getting started, 5 social accounts, unlimited scheduled posts, 10 weekly automations, 4 content categories, 20 team members
- Edgar Annual Plan for enterprises and small businesses, 25 social accounts, unlimited scheduled posts, 1,000 weekly automations, unlimited customisable categories, 20 team members
- Help you create, schedule, share, and automate content daily
- Monitor and test A/B variations
- Evergreen content repurposing
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, X (previously known as Twitter), Tik Tok, LinkedIn
Cost: FREE 14 day trial then from $25/month
- Starter – best for individuals, 1 social set, 1 user, 30 post/social profile
- Growth – best for small teams, 3 users, 3 social sets, 150 social posts/profile
- Enterprise – best for teams with multiple brands
- Mobile app for scheduling on the go
- Caption Writer for Instagram
- Hashtag suggestions
- Create, schedule and post across platforms
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
Cost: FREE or from $12.99
- Free Forever – 1 account for each platform, 20 posts/month across all three platforms, 20 post designs/monplus more
- Pro – 1 account for each platform, 100 post / month across all three platforms, 200 post designs/month, 1 user
- Advanced – 2 accounts for each platform, 1,000 posts/month across all platforms, unlimited post designs, 2 users
- Max – 3 accounts for each platform, unlimited posts across all platforms/month, unlimited post designs, 5 users
- Quickly generate social and email marketing
- Easy auto-posting across networks
- Optimise your reach and engagement
- Leverage AI to fuel growth
Platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram,
Cost: FREE on the 7-day limited free plan then from $12/month
- Power user (Perfect for solopreneurs, small business owners, independent consultants) 1 user
- Build (2 brands of each social profile / 2 users)
- Grow (Best for growing teams)
- Offers a visually intuitive content calendar for organizing and planning social media posts across multiple platforms.
- Enables users to schedule and automate posts, allowing for precise timing and recurring campaigns across various social media channels.
- Provides content curation and analytics tools to optimize social media strategy, including suggestions, insights, and performance metrics for data-driven decision-making.
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, X (previously known as Twitter), LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google My Business, Tik Tok, YouTube
Cost: FREE 14 day trail then from $29/month
- Bootstrap – best for authors, coaches, solopreneurs
- Accelerate – best for start ups and small businesses
- Pro – best for freelancers and agencies
- Customisable for each platform
- Bulk editor
- Post variations when sharing multiple times
- Categorise your content
- Hashtag collection
- Schedule overview
- Recycle / repost your top evergreen content
- Allow Pixels to retarget your audience across the web
- Integrations to add content automatically into platform
Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Google Business, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Cost: FREE for first 14 days then from $15/month
- Social Pro – 10 social profiles, 10 RSS feeds, AI writer, 1 user
- Social & Campaigns – 20 social profiles, 10 RSS fees, landing pages & campaigns, 1 user
- Business – 30 social profiles, 20 RSS fees, team workflow features, 3 users
- Enterprise – 60 social profiles, 100 RSS fees, AI writer premium, 30 users
- Queueing and scheduling
- Evergreen posting
- Auto link shortener
- Own branding
- ROI and traffic tracking
Which social media scheduling tool is right for me?
To work out what the best platform is for you, consider the following:
- What is your budget?
- What platforms do you use / spend the most time on?
- Do I post mainly by an app on my phone or laptop?
- Is it only me who will be using it?
- Is this being billed in AUD or USD (or another currency)?
Many of these scheduling tools have a trial period, so jump on and test them out to ultimately work out what tool you find the easiest and most productive to use.
Did I miss one of your favourite scheduling tools? Be sure to comment below and let me know what you use and why!
Until next time!
First Published: 2 September 2020
Updated: 19 September 2023
Please note: prices listed above are subject to change